We are glad that you are interested in applying one of our graduate degree programs! Below, you will find helpful information and links to other sites that will assist you in completing your application.
The application deadline is December 1st. All required materials must be received by this date in order for your application to receive full consideration. We strongly encourage applications for fall semester. Please contact us if you seek a spring admission.
How to Apply
Applications are completed and submitted entirely online through the UGA graduate school application portal. You will need to submit the following items for your application to receive full consideration:
In the Graduate School application, you will be asked to provide:
- Transcripts (unofficial) from each institution of higher education attended. Please see the Graduate School's instructions for submitting transcripts.
- GRE scores (general test)
The GRE is not required for Fall 2023 applicants
Applicants with GRE test scores are welcome to submit them and will have the score become part of their application packet. Lack of a GRE score will not adversely affect consideration for admission or funding.
- Three letters of recommendation: List the names and e-mail addresses of three references within the Graduate School application. References will receive a link to access a secure page where they can submit recommendations electronically.
- Curriculum Vitae: A summary of educational background and relevant experience.
- Statement of Purpose: Submit a 500–1000-word statement that addresses your academic interests and goals, your perceived fit with the program and faculty of interest, and describes the experiences that have prepared you for graduate study.
- Optional items: Examples include a copy of your thesis, paper presentations, publications, or other evidence of scholarly or professional work.
International applicants are usually required to take the TOEFL, IELTS, or DuoLingo and may have additional application requirements from the Graduate School. Please visit the Graduate School's Supplemental Information for International Applicants. To see scoring requirements for each test, please see the Graduate School English language proficiency requirements page.
Application fee waivers: The application fees are set by the Graduate School. Fee waivers are available to applicants participating in certain programs. Those programs and more information can be found here.