Prospective candidates for the M.A./M.S. degree are admitted to candidacy when:
- All prerequisites for admission to the departmental graduate program have been satisfactorily completed;
- The student's Program of Study has been approved by the Major Professor, Advisory Committee, Graduate Coordinator, and the Graduate School Dean;
- An average of 3.0 (B) or higher has been maintained on all graduate courses taken and on all completed courses on the program of study (no course with a grade below C may be placed on the final program of study);
- A thesis proposal has been presented and approved by the Major Professor and Advisory Committee. A Departmental Thesis Approval Form should be obtained from the Department Degree Program Assistant before the thesis presentation.
- The residence requirement has been met.