I utilize varieties of climate models and observations to better understand climate dynamics, especially processes that impact tropical and mid-latitude precipitation.
B.Tech. (2011) in Meteorology, Federal University of Technology Akure, Nigeria.
M.Tech. (2015) in Meteorology, Federal University of Technology Akure, Nigeria.
Ph.D. (2019) in Climate Science, City University of Hong Kong.
- Monrie PA, Wainwright CM, Sidibe M, and Akinsanola AA (2020) Model uncertainties in climate change impacts on Sahel precipitation in ensembles of CMIP5 and CMIP6 simulations. Clim Dyn. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-020-05332-0
- Akinsanola AA, Kooperman GJ, Pendergrass AG, Hannah WM, and Reed KA (2020) Seasonal representation of extreme precipitation indices over the United States in CMIP6 present-day simulations. Environ. Res. Lett. https://doi.org/10.1088/17489326/ab92c1
- Akinsanola AA, W. Zhou, T. Zhou and N. Keenlyside (2020) Amplification of synoptic to annual variability of West African summer monsoon rainfall under global warming. npj Clim Atmos Sci 3,21. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41612-020-0125-1
- Akinsanola AA and W. Zhou (2020) Understanding the variability of West African summer monsoon rainfall: contrasting tropospheric features and monsoon index. Atmosphere, 11(3), 309. https://doi.org/10.3390/atmos11030309
- Abolude AT, Zhou W, Akinsanola AA (2020) Evaluation and Projections of Wind Power Resources over China for the Energy Industry Using CMIP5 Models. Energies, 13 (10), 2417. https://doi.org/10.3390/en13102417
- Orimoloye IR, Ololade OO, Mazinyo SP, Kalumba AM, Ekundayo OY, Busayo ET, Akinsanola AA and Nel W (2019) Spatial assessment of drought severity in Cape Town area, South Africa. Heliyon, 5, e02148 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2019.e02148
- Gbode IE, Adeyeri OE, Menang KP, Intsiful JDK, Ajayi VO, Omotosho JA and Akinsanola AA (2019) Observed changes in climate extremes in Nigeria. Meteorological Applications. https://doi.org/10.1002/met.1791
- Akinsanola AA and W. Zhou (2019) Projection of West African summer monsoon rainfall in dynamically downscaled CMIP5 models. Clim Dyn 53, 81–95. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-018-4568-6
- Akinsanola AA and W. Zhou (2019) Dynamic and thermodynamic factors controlling increasing summer monsoon rainfall over the West African Sahel. Clim Dyn 52, 4501–4514. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-018-4394-x
- Akinsanola AA and W. Zhou (2019) Ensemble-based CMIP5 simulations of West African summer monsoon rainfall: current climate and future changes. Theor Appl Climatol 136, 1021–1031. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00704-018-2516-3
- Akinsanola AA and W. Zhou (2019) Projected changes in West Africa summer monsoon rainfall extremes from two CORDEX models. Clim Dyn 52, 2017–2028. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-018-4238-8
- Akinsanola AA, Ajayi VO, Adejare AT, Adeyeri OE, Gbode IE, Ogunjobi KO, Nikulin G and Abolude AT (2018). Evaluation of rainfall simulations over West Africa in dynamically downscaled CMIP5 global circulation models. Theor Appl Climatol 132, 437–450. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00704-017-2087-8
- Morakinyo TE, Ogungbenro SB, Abolude AT and Akinsanola AA (2018) Quantifying the effect of rain events on outdoor thermal comfort in a high-density city, Hong Kong. Int J Biometeorol. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00484-018-1634-z
- Ogunjobi KO, Y Adamu, Akinsanola AA and IR Orimoloye (2018) Spatio-temporal analysis of land use dynamics and its potential indications on land surface temperature in Sokoto Metropolis, Nigeria. R. Soc. open sci. 5:180661 http://doi.org/10.1098/rsos.180661
- Ogunjobi KO, Daramola MT and Akinsanola AA (2018) Estimation of surface energy fluxes from remotely sensed data over Akure, Nigeria. Spat. Inf. Res. 26: 77-89. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41324-017-0149-8
- Odulami RC and Akinsanola AA (2018). Recent Assessment of West African Summer Monsoon Daily Rainfall Trends. Weather, 73: 283-287. doi:10.1002/wea.2965
- Adeyeri OE, Akinsanola AA and Ishola KA (2017) Investigating surface urban heat island characteristics over Abuja, Nigeria: Relationship between land surface temperature and multiple vegetation indices. Remote Sensing Applications: Society and Environment. doi.org/10.1016/j.rsase.2017.06.005
- Akinsanola AA and Ogunjobi KO (2017) Evaluation of present-day rainfall simulations over West Africa in CORDEX regional climate models. Environ Earth Sci 76, 366. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-017-6691-9
- Raji KB, Ogunjobi KO and Akinsanola AA (2017). Radiative effects of dust aerosol on West African climate using simulations from RegCM4. Model. Earth Syst. Environ. 3, 34. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40808-017-0295-y
- Akinsanola AA, Ogunjobi KO, Abolude AT, Sarris SCC and Oladipo KO (2017) Assessment of Wind Energy Potential for Small Communities in South-South Nigeria: Case Study of Koluama, Bayelsa State. J Fundam Renewable Energy Appl 7: 227. doi:10.4172/20904541.1000227
- Akinsanola AA, Ogunjobi KO, Ajayi, VO, Adefisan EA, Omotosho JA and Sanogo S (2017). Comparison of five gridded precipitation products at climatological scales over West Africa. Meteorol Atmos Phys 129, 669–689. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00703-016-0493-6
- Babalola OS and Akinsanola AA (2016). Change Detection in Land Surface Temperature and Land Use Land Cover over Lagos Metropolis, Nigeria. J. Remote Sensing & GIS 5: 171. doi:10.4172/2469-4134.1000171
- Akinsanola AA and Aroninuola BA (2016). Diagnostic Evaluation of September 29, 2012 Heavy Rainfall Event over Nigeria. Journal of Climatology & Weather Forecasting 4: 155. doi:10.4172/2332-2594.1000155
- Akinsanola AA and Ogunjobi KO (2017). Recent Homogeneity Analysis and Long Term Spatio-temporal Rainfall Trends in Nigeria. Theor Appl Climatol 128, 275–289. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00704-015-1701-x
- Akinsanola AA Ogunjobi KO, Gbode IE and Ajayi VO (2015). Assessing the Capabilities of three Regional Climate Models over CORDEX Africa in Simulating West African Summer Monsoon Precipitation. Advances in Meteorology, Vol. 2015, Article ID 935431, 13pages. doi:10.1155/2015/935431
- Gbode IE, Akinsanola AA and Ajayi VO (2015). Recent Changes of Some Observed Climate Extreme Events in Kano. International Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, Vol. 2015, Article ID 298046, 6pages, 2015. doi:10.1155/2015/298046
- Akinsanola AA and Ogunjobi KO (2014). Analysis of Rainfall and Temperature Variability over Nigeria. Global Journal of Human Social Science Geography & Environmental Geosciences, Volume 14 issue 3 Version 1.0 year 2014, pages 10-28
- Oluleye A, Ogunjobi KO, Bernard A, Ajayi VO, and Akinsanola AA (2012). Multiyear Analysis of Ground-Based Sunphotometer (AERONET) Aerosol Optical Properties and Its Comparison with Satellite Observations over West Africa. Global Journal of Human Social Science Geography & Environmental Geosciences Volume 12 Issue 10 Version 1.0 year 2012, pages 1-19